Explore our promoted experiences
- The Lord of the Rings filming locations tour of Glenorchy from Queenstown
- See film sites like Ithilien Camp, Isengard, Forest of Amon Hen and Lothlorien and more
- Bring the films to life with our authentic replica props, dress up and take photos, or simply soak up the scenery
- Admire breathtaking views along Lake Wakatipu and enjoy amazing photo opportunities
- See additional sites where scenes from X-Men Origins: Wolverine and The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian were filmed
- Listen to interesting facts about New Zealand's history, flora and fauna from your knowledgeable guide
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 6 people per vehicle ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Hear fascinating commentary from your in-the-know guide, and stop for photo ops at landscapes you’ll instantly recognize, such as the Fortress of Isengard and Forest of Amon Hen. Approximately 12 miles (20 km) northwest of Glenorchy lies the countryside locale of Paradise, site of the Forest of Lothlorien. Your guide takes you to a charming village near the vivid waters of Lake Wakatipu, considered the ‘Gateway to Paradise.’
Make another stop at 12 Mile Delta to discover the no-man’s-land between Gondor and Mordor, known to JRR Tolkien fans as Ithilien Camp. On the return to Queenstown, enjoy hot beverages with fruit cake and cookies, and get a glimpse of additional movie locations from other films like X-Men Origins: Wolverine and The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. Your half-day tour ends with drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Pickup from all central Queenstown accommodations. Hilton pickup on request
- Minimum numbers apply (min 2 per tour for confirmed departure, min 4 on NZ public holidays). There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Please Note: Pickup from central Queenstown accommodations is included. Surround suburbs (Kelvin Heights, Frankton, Arthur's Point, Fernhill and others) by arrangement. Please contact to reconfirm pick up arrangement and time.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Nomad Safaris
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.