Explore our promoted experiences
- Doubtful Sound Wilderness Cruise
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- Skipper provides live commentary
- Hotel pickup and drop off from centrally located Queenstown hotels
Departure & Return
Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled departure.
What To Expect
Board a spacious catamaran at Deep Cove for your cruise of Doubtful Sound. Ten times larger than Milford Sound, the pristine fiord boasts sun-drenched or mist-shrouded peaks where waterfalls cascade into the deep blue water below.
Keep an eye out for basking New Zealand fur seals, rare Fiordland penguins and bottlenose dolphins that often swim alongside the vessel as your skipper explains natural features of this extraordinary landscape.
End with the return trip to Manapouri, where you’re transferred back to your Queenstown hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please wear comfortable shoes, waterproof jacket and warm clothing
- Please note: During survey the Patea Explorer will be substituted with another vessel from the Real Journeys fleet
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 135 travelers
- OPERATED BY RealNZ
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands