- Half-day Milford Sound tour from Queenstown by air and water
- Enjoy great views of Milford Sound during a scenic flight
- Appreciate the grandeur of UNESCO World Heritage–listed Fiordland National Park, part of Te Wahipounamu
- Wind through the waterways of the sound on a smaller boat that provides an up-close look at cliff walls
- Taste pure glacier water at one of the waterfalls
- Learn about the region from the pilot and boat crew
- Includes hotel pickup and drop-off in Queenstown
Departure & Return
Air Milford Hangar, near Remarkables Park Shopping Centre. 3 Tex Smith Lane, Frankton, Queenstown 9300
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 30 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Taking off to Milford Sound, your pilot narrates the natural wonders located within Fiordland National Park, part of the UNESCO-listed region of Te Wahipounamu. Peer through the aircraft’s large windows for optimal viewing of the unfolding scene below, including blue waterways that cut through the dramatic, snow-dusted Southern Alps.
After a gentle landing at the airstrip in Milford Sound, swap your plane for a boat, which carries a maximum of 75 passengers compared to a typical 300. The smaller-sized craft allows your captain to bring the boat up close to majestic cliff faces and cascades.
Expert naturalists inform you about Milford Sound’s geology and any wildlife sightings including fur seals, bottlenose dolphins, and Fiordland crested penguins. Snap photos of Mitre Peak and taste pure water from the glacial melt at Stirling Falls.
You have the option to pre-order a boxed lunch to be served during your cruise (sample menu below); otherwise, purchase a meal or snack from the onboard cafe. Complimentary tea and coffee are provided to warm you throughout the cruise.
If you’re interested in learning about boat operations firsthand, be sure to visit the captain’s bridge during the return voyage. Then disembark on shore for the scenic flight back to Queenstown, where you’ll make a ground transfer back to your hotel.
Sample boxed lunch menu (subject to change):
• Ham and cheese roll
• Chicken drumstick
• Seasonal salad with dressing
• Soup and bread (winter only)
• Cheese and crackers
• Packaged biscuit
• Chocolate bar
• Juice, tea, and coffee
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please advise of your country of origin at the time of booking
- Please bring a warm, waterproof jacket, and wear non-slip shoes, insect repellent and sun protection
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Southern Discoveries
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms