13 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Travel from Queenstown to the much-loved UNESCO-listed Milford Sound. Your guide will ensure you make the most of your trip with commentary along the way—pointing out scenic viewpoints and areas where Lord of the Rings was filmed. Once you reach Milford Sound, you won’t have to worry about waiting in visitor lines as entrance tickets are included. Enjoy a Milford Sound Discovery Cruise where you’ll see stunning views of waterfalls and Mitre Peak. You’ll also have free time to explore the waterfalls of Lake Marian on foot.
- Visit a UNESCO World Heritage Site—Milford Sound
- Ticket for Milford Sound Discovery Cruise included
- See views of filming sites from Lord of the Rings
- Travel between dispersed sites in a comfortable vehicle
Saved to wishlist!
Small Group & Fully Guided Tour
Alcoholic beverages (available to purchase)
Optional extras and activities - please select the tour option you want at time of booking
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Hotel Pick Up Points & Times:
Please be ready, waiting in your hotel lobby or at the pick up point at least 10 minutes prior to your pick up time listed below. Hotel pick-ups are from the below hotels only. If you do not see your pickup location please select the closest one to you to be picked up from.
15 minutes before tour start time: Kamana Lakehouse, Heritage Hotel, Mercure Hotel
10 minutes before tour start time: Crowne Plaza, Hotel St Moritz, Rydges Lakeland Resort
5 minutes before tour start time: Novotel Queenstown Lakeside, Base Backpackers, YHA Central, Nomads Backpackers, Sofitel Queenstown, Queenstown Central Pick Up Point (47-49 Shotover Street, Queenstown)
At tour start time: Scenic Hotel, Copthorne Hotel, Heartland Hotel, Millennium Hotel, Rees Hotel
15-25 minutes after tour start time: Frankton Bus Station (near Queenstown airport), Wyndham Gardens Hotel
20-30 minutes after tour start time: Hilton Hotel & Resort
2 hours 20 minutes after tour start time: Te Anau Bus Stop, 95 Te Anau Terrace, Te Anau
- The Station - Home of Adventure in Queenstown, Corner of Shotover & Camp Streets, 25 Shotover Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Children aged 7 years and below are required by law to travel in a child safety car seat. If you don't have a car seat one can provided (with 24 hours’ notice).
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Cheeky Kiwi Travel
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Premium Milford Sound Small Group Tour, Cruise & Picnic Lunch from Queenstown ?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Premium Milford Sound Small Group Tour, Cruise & Picnic Lunch from Queenstown ?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Premium Milford Sound Small Group Tour, Cruise & Picnic Lunch from Queenstown ?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Premium Milford Sound Small Group Tour, Cruise & Picnic Lunch from Queenstown
4 hours 30 minutes
12 hours 30 minutes
1 hour 45 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsAir ToursBus ToursDining ExperiencesNature and WildlifeLunch CruisesDay CruisesWater ToursWalking ToursPorts of Call ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursWater SportsAir, Helicopter & Balloon ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsFood, Wine & NightlifeShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingFiordland & Milford SoundQueenstownShore Excursions - South IslandAir Tours - South IslandBus Tours - South IslandDining Experiences - South IslandNature and Wildlife - South IslandLunch Cruises - South IslandDay Cruises - South IslandWater Tours - South IslandWalking Tours - South IslandPorts of Call Tours - South IslandFull-day Tours - South IslandCategory