Explore our promoted experiences
- Travel by boat through stunning Milford Sound, part of UNESCO World Heritage-listed Fiordland National Park
- Includes a stop at the Milford Sound Underwater Observatory to observe marine life up close
- Learn from expert guides about the history, wildlife, and geology of Milford Sound
- Marvel at towering mountains, thundering waterfalls and abundant animal life of this glacier-carved landscape
- Have the option to include a guided kayak excursion limited to 8 people
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Your morning cruise on the sparkling waters of the oft mist-shrouded Milford Sound is outside of peak tour hours, so you can thoroughly soak up the tranquil beauty of the fiord. Your passionate skipper describe the natural landmarks, such as Mitre Peak, as you glide past cascading waterfalls and towering cliffs in this top New Zealand destination.
Access the Milford Sound Underwater Observatory by boat for an exploration of exhibitions on the fiord’s geology, history and wildlife. Descend 33 feet (10 meters) into an underwater world to find rare black coral and other sea creatures that inhabit Milford Sound.
Upgrade your cruise to include a Milford Sound kayak trip with a small group, limited to 8 people. Follow your kayak guide into the calm waters of Harrison Cove. Ogle at Pembroke Glacier and Harrison Valley as you paddle around leisurely before returning to the boat. Gear and instruction are provided; no prior kayaking experience necessary.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise of your country of origin at the time of booking
- Please note the minimum age to kayak is 5 years old and must be accompanied by an adult or guardian in a double kayak.
- Car Parking: On arrival at Milford Sound you can park at the Milford Sound carpark at a fee of $20 for 5 hours. Please allow 10 minutes to walk from the main carpark to the Milford Wharf Visitor Centre. Alternatively, you can park free of charge at Deepwater Basin Carpark and walk over to Freshwater Basin to the Cruise Terminal. This walk is approximately 30 minutes in duration, so additional time will need to be allocated in order to do this comfortably and arrive at the terminal 15 minutes prior to your cruise for check-in.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Southern Discoveries
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms