Explore our promoted experiences
- Get up-close to native wildlife on a guided hike along Milford Track
- Soak up the stunning views of Milford Sound and its surroundings
- A hot drink, snack, and return water taxi included
- A small group limited to 12 ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
Milford Sound is a 2 hour drive from Te Anau, plus allow 30 minutes for parking, so leave no later than 6.00 am if you are staying here the night prior. Check in at the Mitre Peak Cruise desk no later than 8.30 am.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Recommended minimum age is 8 years
- The fitter you are the more you will enjoy the trip. We recommend a moderate amount of fitness - distance walked is 11km/6 miles return.
- Track is well maintained however can be uneven and rocky in places, this is not suitable for wheelchairs or those who have difficulty with walking.
- Operates in all weather conditions (including rain) unless the operator deems it to be unsafe. Please carry a good, waterproof rain jacket, drinking water, any medication that you may require and wear practical, sturdy shoes for walking in (heels, slip on shoes, jandals/flip flops/thongs are not suitable). Do not wear jeans as they become cold and heavy when wet. The operator can provide a good rain coat, please contact them in advance to have this arranged.
- The operator may refuse participation if clients are not dressed suitably.
- Have a change of clothes and footwear for after the walk incase it is a wet day.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Trips & Tramps
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized